What Is Fuel Injection Cleaning?
The role of your fuel injectors is to deliver the fuel that your engine needs to burn in order to run properly. Over time, these injectors collect outside contaminants that turn into deposits in the fuel system. These deposits hamper the injectors’ ability to deliver fuel. At the very least, these deposits reduce the fuel efficiency of your vehicle. At worst, they will cause the fuel injectors to completely fail.
Regular cleaning of these fuel injectors is necessary to maintain the fuel efficiency of your vehicle and to negate more costly repairs in the future. Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros knows how important fuel injection cleaning services are to your vehicle. That’s why we offer professional and affordable fuel injection cleaning service in Timonium, MD. No matter what kind of vehicle you drive, we service all makes and models. We are here for your automotive maintenance needs, so come visit us or give us a call today!
Is Fuel Injection Cleaning Necessary?
Fuel injection cleaning is absolutely necessary for your vehicle, and it’s important to know the signs that you need a fuel injector cleaning. Take a look at the following tell-tale signs that you need a cleaning:
- Rough Idling – If your car vibrates harshly when it’s stopped, the fuel injectors may need a cleaning.
- Tachometer Fluctuations – Your tachometer gauges the RPMs that your vehicle is producing. If you notice that the tachometer jumps up and down erratically, the fuel system may have a clog.
- Inability to Start the Engine – Remember that your fuel injectors deliver fuel to the vehicle’s combustion chamber. If the clog is really bad, you may not even be able to get enough fuel to the combustion chamber to turn the engine over.
Poor Fuel-Efficiency – More fuel is wasted when your injectors are dirty. This will lead to a drop-off in fuel efficiency.
Fuel Injector Cleaning Benefits
As with any maintenance regimen for your vehicle, fuel injector cleaning has distinct benefits. Here are some of the most important benefits of fuel injector cleaning:
- Better Gas Mileage – Routine fuel injector cleaning will save you money at the gas pump, since your fuel will be delivered more efficiently and less of it will be wasted.
- Smooth Acceleration – Since fuel injection cleaning will address any hiccups in your fuel line, you can expect smoother acceleration and idling after a cleaning.
- Better for the Environment – A fuel injection cleaning will make your engine more efficient and lower emissions. It’s also a great idea if you want to reduce your vehicle’s carbon footprint.
- Negates Future Repairs – Having your fuel injectors cleaned is a lot more affordable than having them replaced. Regular cleanings will negate the need for future replacements, which will save you a lot of money.
- Improving Engine Performance – A professional fuel injection cleaning will improve the performance of your engine, making it more efficient, boosting acceleration responsiveness, and making for more responsive startups.
Schedule an Appointment Now
How often should you have your fuel injectors cleaned? It’s always best to refer to the owner’s manual. In general, it’s recommended that you have them cleaned every 60,000-90,000 miles. If you can’t remember the last time, you had your injectors cleaned, bring your car to Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros as soon as possible. We will make sure your car’s engine is running optimally. Improve your engine’s performance today!