What Are Engine Diagnostics?
We’ve all seen it – that little amber light in the dashboard in the shape of your engine that is usually the cause of stress in motorists. No one wants to see their check engine light go on, but when it does, it’s good to know that Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros are here for you. We offer affordable check engine light diagnostics in Timonium, MD because we know how distressing this little light can be.
The good news is that in many cases, your check engine light is simply responding to a faulty sensor or some other minor issue, but you can never be sure until you have had your vehicle looked at by a professional mechanic. Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros utilizes state-of-the-art diagnostic computers that tell us exactly what the issue is. No matter what the error code is, we can decipher it and use it to formulate a quick and cost-effective plan for repair.
While there are many minor issues that can cause your check engine light to turn on, you shouldn’t put off getting your car checked out. That’s because even minor issues can become serious ones with enough neglect. Rest easy about your car’s condition by contacting us about check engine light diagnostics!
Why Did My Check Engine Light Turn On?
There are a lot of answers to that question, unfortunately. No matter why your check engine light has turned on, we can handle the issue here at Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros. Some of the reasons why your check engine light has kicked on include:
- Broken Oxygen Sensors – A broken oxygen sensor is an easy fix, but it can also degrade the performance of your engine, its timing, and combustion levels.
- Damaged or Missing Gas Caps – Broken or missing gas caps could cause fuel vapor leakage in the filler neck. This has a serious effect on the emissions of your vehicle.
- Defective EGR Valve – A defective EGR valve will have an effect on your vehicle’s fuel economy and reduce its acceleration power.
Transmission Issues – Check engine lights report on a variety of systems in your vehicle, not just the engine itself. A check engine light could also signify that there is a transmission issue.
How Diagnostics Can Help
Check engine light diagnostics are important for the longevity, safety, and performance of your vehicle. It’s always a good idea to have your car looked at sooner rather than later, as the check engine light could signify that something is seriously wrong with your vehicle. Check engine light diagnostics are beneficial because:
- It catches small issues before they become bigger and more expensive to fix.
- They represent a quick and relatively simple way to pinpoint problems in the engine or transmission.
- Having your check engine light diagnosed may increase your car’s fuel economy and improve engine performance.
- They can help pinpoint emissions problems that would otherwise cause you to fail your next vehicle inspection.
Call Us When Your Check Engine Light Goes On
There’s no need to stress if you see that little amber light suddenly turn on. That’s because we provide affordable, professional, and hassle-free check engine light diagnostics here at Hillen Tire and Auto Service Tire Pros. Our team will get to the bottom of the issue quickly and explain to you exactly what the problem is. We will give an honest assessment as to whether the car needs to be repaired immediately. Knowing is half the battle, so don’t put off getting your check engine light looked at another day. Call us today and avoid major repairs in the future!